ABOUT SOUL FOOD CONNECT VILLAGE
A beautiful village of evolutionary thinkers, doers and becomers–brought together in a soulful celebration of community, culture and food!
OUR MISSION Create a profitable and scalable festival-market–generating measurable socio-economic value for local artists, businesses and the community of West End, Atlanta and surrounding areas.
SFC CORE VALUES
Arts/Artists–SFC is committed to serving as a platform that promotes, and inspires local artists and creators. Each Soul Food Connect features local performing and/or Visual art exhibitions.
Business–SFC serves as a community market that empowers local business through collaborative sponsorships, and dynamic vending opportunities. SFC creates a profitable and scalable community-economic market–generating measurable socio-economic value for artists, businesses and community organizations.
Community–SFC builds and strengthens community by positively connecting people of (various cultures and backgrounds) through Soul Food, fun and fellowship. Through fellowship and conversation we make space for the community to constructively hold dialogue on issues and ideas that’s relevant to our community.
Food–In addition to being an organic celebration of Soul Food, SFC is committed to Earth-loving, sustainable and innovative solutions to address food related challenges–such as–food waste, food security, urban farming, and awareness/access to more natural and healthier food options.
In 2015 Soul Food Connect was conceived--as the first brainchild of MANSA Create--by Mar'Konash on the of notion of building a social and economic apparatus for young Black artist, entrepreneurs and community organizers. Having spent over 00 years learning, working and living in the creative sector of both Miami, FL and the Twin Cities, and being an artist, business owner and community developer— through first hand experience Mar'Konash developed an acute understanding of the three greatest challenges that young Black artists, entrepreneurs and organizers face.
1. The lack of Community Cohesiveness/support system(s)
2. Access to Social and Economic resources
3. “Organic Spaces” for Growth, Development of ideas and Self-expression
Through a series of trial and experimentation Mar'Konash found inspiration to launch MANSA Create— a creative enterprise, with the mission of Creating social + Economic spaces for Artists and Creative Entrepreneurs. Out of this mission--Soul Food Connect was born. Soul Food Connect is, “A Soulful Cultural Exchange” of live art, soul food and conversation with the intent of:
• Building a more robust and vibrant peer-to-peer community of young artists, entrepreneurs and community organizers in the Twin Cities,MIAMI and Atlanta areas.
• Offering a unique platform and experience for a under-served and undervalued demographic. A platform providing, networking, resources, information and an outlet for self-expression; not to mention absolutely delicious, healthy and holistic Soul Food that nourishes the body and soul.
• Embracing and Sharing our culture with the world around us.